Tuesday, April 8, 2014

TMI

      I took my dog, Vater, to Liberty park with my sister and her kids today. As I was walking him I thought of this plan I had for myself when I was young. When I was just a little girl Liberty park amazed me. I didn't get to go there often but when I did I always had the time of my life playing in the water area, on the playgrounds and watching fireworks. I would watch people pass me with their furry friends and told myself that when I grew up I was going to live by Liberty park and bring my dog there too. It was a simple dream, I know, but that's how I always saw myself. Now here I am, living in the city, taking my furry best friend to Liberty park...livin' my dream. Ha.
      Today was Vaters first time visiting that park and he loved it. He wasn't too excited about having to stay on his leash, but boy did he looove all the attention he was getting from all the little kids and adults! He is a big, beautiful dog so lots of people stop to ask me what breed he is and will pet him. Sweet Vater just kisses everyone and will roll over on his back to have his belly rubbed. Even the tiniest kids aren't intimidated by his size, he really has a sweetness in him that they can sense.

      I realized today Vater and I have a much stronger connection then I thought. It started this morning when my Aunt Flo came to visit. (Crimson wave, shark week, red tide, redwing, women's trouble, whatever you choose to call it.) Vater seemed a bit worries about me when he saw I was in pain. While at the park I had my sister hold his leash while I ran to the bathroom. He tried to follow me and almost pulled my sister with him, he is so strong! When I came walking back she let go and he came running to me, jumping up to kiss me on the face a few times, acting releaved I had returned and was ok.
      When we returned home later the pain had gotten worse and Vater could definitely see it. I sat down on the bed and did what every girl on her period and in pain does, I cried. I don't think Vater has ever seen my cry, I don't do that often. He hated it. I flopped down on the bed still crying and Vater jumped up,  kissed me a few times on the cheek, then layed his head on my chest and whined. He may not have known exactly what was going on but he didn't like it at all. When I felt  a little better I got my pint of dairy free chocolate ice cream  from the freezer and sat on the couch while Vater followed me the entire time then sat right next to me. He is still right by my while I lay on the couch in wide child's pose because that's the only thing that makes me feel better. I don't mean to give TMI, but it melted my heart how Vater has been today. He was meant to be a part of this little family. I can't imagine that smiley, furry man not being in my life. I'm one lucky girl for sure.

Just look at that face!


       Burt and I recently went to cancun and I couldn't believe how much I missed Vater and Bhoomi! (My bird) We had so much fun though. We definitely needed that little vacation. It was only one week but it seemed so much longer! Maybe because we did so many things. We relaxed on the beach a lot, went to both Tulum and Chichen Itza, and a park called Xplor . It's a real underground cave and we got to swim through while bats flew around above us. We got to ATV and zip line while there as well. We also got to snuba dive at a place called Xelha. Everything was so much fun! We even went to a popular night club called Coco Bongo. It's more of a circus then a night club I think.
      I absolutely fell in love with the beach in Cancun! The sand is soo white and the water is so blue, clear and warm!  I found lots of gorgeous seashells and brought a huge bag of them home. I'm excited to make something out of them. I really miss Cancun and all the people there! I immediately downloaded Spanish lessons when I got home!







      I'm sick of typing, so until next time! 
<3
   

No comments:

Post a Comment