Monday, November 25, 2013

Grazi.

       I don't know what it is about the holidays but I really love this time of year. I do absolutely hate, hate, hate, the weather this time of year here in Utah, but the feeling the holidays bring are always special. It's funny, the past years being married the holidays were filled with arguments and stress, then last year wasn't filled with anything, just loneliness. This year is going to be so much better! I am so excited to spend such a special time of year with someone I really care about. I'm excited to make a Thanksgiving dinner for us this week. I am excited to decorate our apartment all christmasy. I am excited to just be with him and share these special feelings. This year, finally, is going to be great!

      For Thanksgiving this year we are going to go to my sisters house and the entire family is in charge of bringing something. I, of course, got put in charge of bringing a vegetable tray for everyone. But I am really excited to eat and don't want to be limited to just a veggie try and some salad, I want an entire Thanksgiving dinner to eat! Sooo..Burt and I planned out everything. We are making a full on vegan thanksgiving dinner to bring for ourselves so we won't miss out on the deliciousness of this yummy holiday!
      Our thanksgiving dinner is going to consist of Tofurkey, gravy, sourdough stuffing, garlic and rosemary mashed potatoes, pull apart fluffy rolls, pumpkin pie with cloves, cranberry sauce, everything! And of course everything is going to be vegan and home made, all the way down to the rolls and pie crust. I'm excited to spend an entire day cooking. This will be fun! Oh, and I am sure we will have lots of left overs so if anyone wants to try some vegan thanksgiving food be my guest!

      This will actually be our second vegan Thanksgiving this year. Earlier this month we attended the Annual Vegan Thanksgiving dinner they hold every year in Salt Lake to raise money for the Ching Sanctuary Farm. Of course I couldn't miss out on that. I was very pleased with the amount of people that showed up! The food was delicious and they had a guest speaker, Bruce Friedrich. His speech was amazing and extremely informative. They also had a huge silent auction where I won a pig pillow!
..Surprise, surprise..



      Since it is the month of giving thanks I guess I should do so. But really, where do I even start? I can honestly say I am absolutely 100% thankful for every single thing and being in my life, and every single being that has been or will be in my life. I am thankful for life in general. Every little bit of it!

Grazi.

Oh, and I just had to share one of my new favorite things about the holiday season!..
(Especially the mint chocolate coconut milk! YUM!)

   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment