Monday, November 11, 2013

In Loving Memory.

        Twenty years and it still feels like yesterday. It's been really hard growing up without a mom and a dad. I am very lucky to have the family I have but I really miss her, of course. Maybe it would of been a little easier if her death wasn't so sudden, but maybe not. It was really shocking and difficult for the entire family.
      November 11th will always be the worst day I have ever had in my entire life. At age 5 everything that happened on that day didn't make any sense to me, and to be honest it still doesn't. I don't mean to get all sappy or anything, but every single year this day is really hard for me. You'd think it would get easier as time goes on but it doesn't.

      My mom was a picture taker just like me. She took pictures of every single occasion. Because of this I have a shoe box full of a million photos of just me and only a few of her..and only ONE of her and I together, and it's not even a very great photo. These photos are still my most prize possessions, just knowing that she took them. They are my memories of this whole different life I had. The one I was supposed to have. I think this is one reason why photography is so important to me.

 This is the one photo of my family all together. My big brother, Cory, mom and then me.

My mom on the right.

My mom on the left (Always so smiley!) and my Aunt Cindy on the right. (Who also died suddenly last year. I miss you too.)

Aunt Diane. Aunt Cindy. My mom (with a giant smile like usual) Then my Aunt Terri)

My mom with my big brother, Cory.

Another with her and Cory together.





I love you, mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment