Sunday, October 21, 2012

Change

      Right now I am sitting in my apartment procrastinating cleaning it. It's really not that messy, it's only me living here..but there still always seems like there is lots to do. I haven't finish organizing certain things and it's driving me nuts, but I cannot seem to get myself to just do it. My mind has been all over the place lately so I can't concentrate on getting things done. I'm still doing great, I'm not stressed or unhappy, but life has it's moments. Things happen, wether good or bad, and I think way too hard about it. Especially living alone..I think too much.
   
      This weekend was a pretty good one, for the most part. I spent lots of much needed time with friends, and also made new friends. Not only are they my new friends but they just so happen to be my neighbors that live below me. Two very nice guys. It makes me feel a whole lot safer knowing someone who lives here. Today they gave me some delicious candy and I let them borrow a spoon.(weird.) Apparently they don't have any..?

      I spent some time on Saturday searching for a couch..still nothing. It's a little frustrating because even though I don't NEED one, I am anxious to have my apartment feel complete the way I imagine it. I ended up buying some plates, a shirt and a new purse at the DI instead. The DI is one of my most favorite stores. I am so lucky to have a very close friend who enjoys thrifting as much as I do!

      I also crossed something off of my list this weekend. My list of things to do in life, everyone has one, right? The thing I crossed off was just something very small but I am proud of myself for doing so..I went out and had a meal alone. That is something I have never done and always wanted to do for some reason. It wasn't anywhere fancy, I just went up the street to Whole Foods and ate in the cafe, it counts. I have a feeling I will be doing that a lot more because I live so close to it and I am in love with that place!

      I feel bad that all my posts so far are pictureless. That is not like me at all! Once I get my camera back be prepared to be bombarded by images. It is so beautiful down here, especially this time of year. It's killing me to not have my camera, and my iphone does not do anything justice. Where I live is very old, perfect for photos. At this moment the driveway right outside is carpeted with bright yellow leaves. I cannot believe that I am not able to capture all of this beauty around me.
      I'm actually quite surprised of how many people have been reading my posts. I know I have only written a couple of them so far, but I really wasn't expecting anybody to read any of them, especially since so far there have been no photos. Am I really that interesting? Haha.

      Anyway, as far as the whole 'divorce' thing goes, I am doing well. Settling into a completely different life and surrounding myself with new people and thoughts is extremely difficult, but great at the same time. It's still so strange to think about. If I were the 2010 version of me, I would never of imagined I would be where I am now..EVER. Even though, deep down inside, it's where I wanted to be. Does that make sense? I still don't feel as though I have 'found' myself or whatever, but I do feel that I am on the right track. There are still a couple more things I want to change before I feel completely better about life and heading in the direction I want. I'm working on it. :)


   

No comments:

Post a Comment