Monday, October 8, 2012

The beginning

      The very few of you who follow this blog might of noticed that I have deleted all my previous posts and changed everything. The reason for this is because I am starting over. Not just with this blog, but with life in general. I recently made the hardest decision I have ever had to make. My life changed drastically, nothing is the same. I went from living in a big house surrounded by gorgeous fields, mountains, a giant lake right down the road, two lovely dogs, and a husband.. to living alone in a small studio apartment in the middle of the city.. and I honestly couldn't be happier.

      Of course I have my reasons for leaving the seemingly flawless life I was living. I won't go into detail as to why, just know that I am happy. So many people have been e-mailing me and messaging me wondering how I have been doing, I feel extremely loved. I guess when you hear the word 'divorce' you automatically feel sorry for that person, and sometimes that is how it should be. But this isn't the case. Be happy for me. I am now living a life I have always dreamed. I plan on doing so much with my life and I am ecstatic to start living again!

      Don't get me wrong, going through the divorce was really hard. It took so much out of me. I had never felt so stressed and mentally or emotionally drained. My right eye was twitching for weeks, thats how bad it was! One of the biggest things holding me back from making this decisions were my babies(dogs). They were my very best friends, especially one, Kora. That girl always seemed to know what I was going through. She would comfort me while sad, worry about me when in pain, and dance with me when excited. I was always talking to her about everything and she would just sit and listen, occasionally giving me a look like 'duh'. She was always by my side.

      Aside from my dogs, I was unhappy and so was the husband. You must know that this decision was not sudden, and it wasn't just mine. We tried for years to fix things in many different ways, but nothing helped. Everyone seems so shocked about all of this, I guess I just hide things really well. But honestly, if you knew me well before the marriage and you saw how I was during all of it, you would of noticed a big difference in me. I finally feel..relieved. Like a war has ended. I can breathe again.

      As for now..I am going to keep this blog as kind a personal record of my life. Read it or not, it's mostly for me anyway.

      And for all you extremely generous and amazing family members and friends of mine, thank you, thank you, thank you for being here for me always. I love you all. :)

-Jadie

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy and excited for you. Your new place is so darling, and I know you're going to love your new downtown surroundings. I can't wait to read future posts about your life on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I love you (both) and I'm sad for you (both) but happy for you (both) as well, if it means you are both happier. You know?

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve and I are so surprised by this information as we just saw you and met Sam at the park for our reunion. Photographs are very deceiving (as that is how I have even gotten to know you, in your adult years, since I've been abroad). I hope that everything will work for your good and that you have learned so much from the things you have done. I know you have a great family and "mom" who love you and will be there for you. Take care and I will get to know the new Jadie from your postings now that we live in the east.

    We love you too.
    Steve and Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you've had to go through so much stress for the past few years, and I hope that that stress continues to decrease!!! It sounds like you're really keeping a positive perspective, and I know you have SOOO much potential for your future - and even more than just an artist and photographer. You have so much to offer, and I think you'll be able to give even more of it now. I'm thinking and praying for you, Jadie!

    Love you,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete