Thursday, October 18, 2012

The big city and bare walls

      Settled in to my new place..for the most part. I got a bed..still in need of a couch and table. I'm in no rush though, it's a small place and has a cozy feel to it. However, the walls bother me a bit..they are so bare. I am in serious need of art and photos to hang!
      Speaking of photos, I am still cameraless. My poor baby had to be sent in to be fixed. This has made things very hard for me because a lot of my income was from photography and october is a busy month. I had October almost completely booked, then had to cancel with all my clients because of this. But I didn't dare do any more shoots with my camera until it got fixed. It was acting up so badly and I even lost some photos from a photoshoot I did. No way was I going to go through that again. I feel bad to those who I had to cancel with, but once my baby returns to me I will be on a roll! I have lots of new ideas!
      I kind of think it was a blessing that my camera happened to stop working properly when it did. I have been dealing with so much and having to worry about shoots and editing would have made things much harder for me. I am still working on catching up on photoshoots and weddings from last month, so it's not like I have no photo stuff to do, but I honestly am glad I don't have more on my plate then what I already have. Right now is a time that I really need for me. I'm loving the new life I have made for myself, but that doesn't mean it's any easier.

      I love this city. I know I have always said how much I want to move and not live in Utah, I was naive. This place is amazing. Of course I would still love to travel everywhere and see everything..one day. For now, I have a lot to see in my own neighborhood. I'm a little ashamed that I have lived in Utah, near the city, my entire life and still don't know it very well. I'm hoping now that I live right in the middle of it I will be able to see so much more. I want to walk everywhere, try new food from little hole in the wall restaurants, check out all the cute little shops on my way and say hello to everyone I see. I want to get lost and discover new things. And when I have my camera again..mmmm!

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to follow you along on your new life Jadie! :) Nothing more exciting than a new apartment! My walls are bare too though and it sucks. Good luck with your camera!

    ReplyDelete