Friday, September 20, 2013

One mans trash is another mans treasure.

      If you know me, you know I love thrifting! A new DI (thrift shop) opened up in Sandy about a month ago. I was in the area yesterday and had some time on my hands so I couldn't help but go in to take a quick look. While walking in I passed by the carts without grabbing one thinking, 'No need, I'll just be in and out.' I should of grabbed one..I ended up spending over an hour shopping! I ended up getting so much stuff my biceps are sore today from carrying it all! I looked through all the clothes and ended up getting 2 tank tops, 2 sweaters, one jacket, a winter coat, 2 dresses, some pajamas, and a pair of boots. Oh, and a toy for Vater. I didn't even have time to look at the rest of the store while I was there and it was bothering me because I knew I could find some more great stuff..So today I went back! I skipped the clothes isle not even having the energy to look at clothes anymore. Today I ended up buying 3 purses, (including a Prada bag for $2! It may be a knock off but it was cheap nonetheless.) a scarf, a stack of plates, (IKEA brand!) a couple cups, a wallet that just so happened to have some money in it, a table runner, two vegetarian cook books and a stack of novels that I am determined to read!  It's funny how excited I get over someone else's trash!  I love thrifting!
      The toy I got Vater from the DI is this panda stuffed animal. I always try to find stuffed animals that are filled with the fluffier kind of fluff because if they are filled with those little styrofoam balls it's a lot harder for me to clean up. I didn't notice that this panda had a thing inside it's hand that when you push it, it plays a little happy birthday tune until Vater was chewing on him. As soon as it started to play the tune Vater got up and walked away. When it stops playing the tune he goes back and starts playing with it. And still, whenever the tune plays he won't touch the thing until it stops. Funny dog.

Twenty-five- Someone who fascinates me and why. There are many people that fascinate me. Most being my own friends. My very best friend in the world fascinates me.  She has been my best friend since before kindergarten and we still love each other to death! She fascinates me because no matter what she has been through she stays strong enough for the both of us.  She's a wonderful mother, daughter, sister and best friend. When this girl loves someone, she really loves them and will do anything for them! She always is making me laugh and forget any problem I may be going through and makes me realize that it really isn't a big deal, things will always work out. And they do. I love that girl and have always looked up to her!
      Another person that fascinates me is my boyfriend, Burt. Like my best friend, he has been through a lot but is still the most positive person I have ever met.  He also works so hard and always finds time to play. I love that about him. He has the biggest heart and really goes out of his way to help his friends. I'm one lucky girl!

Twenty-six- If I had one million dollars to spend what would I spend it on? I don't even know what I would do with that much money! I'd probably buy some toys first, of course. A new camera, some gear. Maybe a house. Even after all that there would be too much left. I'd probably give a big chunk of it to the sanctuary farm and humaine societies and whatever other animal related charities I could find. Then I guess I would just save the rest and invest some. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment