Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Twenty-four

      My favorite movie and what is it about? First of all, I can't just have ONE favorite movie, I love so many! One movie, however, that I could watch over and over in a row is Garden State. It's not overwhelming, it's just so simple. There really isn't much of a story, but at the same time it touches me in a certain way. It's about the main character finding out who he really is and learning to love life. Also, Natalie Portman is just the cutest!
      I also love any movie done by Baz Lahurmann. His style is so creative! I love how he can take a story and keep an old fashioned, classy feel but make it so modern at the same time. And the cinematography in every single one of his films, mmm, makes my heart melt! Being a photographer I have a thing for angles and how to make things look more interesting to really make you feel!
      I have watched and read interviews of Baz, and I remember him saying that he loves to make his audience feel, and the best way to get the most emotion from his audience is through tragedy. This is true for me. Every single one of his movies holds a special place in my heart because of how they were able to touch me so deeply. Moulin Rouge will always be my favorite of his, though. I even have a tattoo on my side that says in fancy script 'freedom, beauty, truth, love'. The famous words from that movie, and all four of those words mean something to me.

      On a lighter note, at this very moment I am sitting on my couch watching Mrs. Doubtfire. This movie is a classic. Oh, and last night I went and saw a movie. I don't go see movies often and I forgot how much I love seeing movies on the big screen. We went and saw Meet the Millers. I recommend that one, it's hilarious!

1 comment:

  1. Garden State is one of my favorite movies of all time. And you're so right, Natalie Portman is adorable! Also- that soundtrack...It never gets old.

    ReplyDelete